The Vicar of Armenian Prelacy of Gezire
| The next days of the Armenian Genocide in 1915 and after the late days of Armenian Cilicia between 1922 and 1927,the Armenians have been started to settle in the North-Eastern side of Gezire region .The Armenians usually have immigrated from Ourfa and Historical Armenia . There are also Armenians who speak Kurdish and Arabic. The Armenians are estimated around 16,000 people.|
The French people has established Qamshly in 1926. The Armenians who have gathered round Saint Hagop Armenian Apostolic Church and Yeprad (Euphrates) Armenian prelacy preparatory school (1932) are estimated about 12,000 people.
The Vicar of prelacy is situated next to the church.
Derik ( Melkiye)
Derik's Armenian Colony who have been gathered round saint Asdvadzadzin Armenian Apostolic Church and Azadoutioun (Liberty) Armenian Prelacy school (1945) they are estimated around 100 families and have a permanent Spiritual Pastor (clergyman).
Ras Oul Ayn
Ras Oul Ayn's Armenian Colony have been gathered round Saint Asdvadzadzin Armenian Apostolic Church and Nahadagadz (martyrs) Armenian prelacy school which has founded in 1932, there is also Sunday school it has established in 1984. The Armenians are estimated almost 30 families.
Hasaka is a city whereas Qamshly and Derik are the surrounding regions.
The Armenian Colony of Hasaka have been gathered round Saint Hovhannu Garabed Armenian Apostolic Church and Mesrobian Armenian prelacy school , It has established in 1939. There is also a Sunday school and the Armenians are estimated about 80 families.
The Syrian desert Der Zor is that Sorrowful, anguished oasis where many of peace-lover and a producer nation's children were sacrificed in the fields of Genocide.
The Armenian Genocide's Martyrs Community's Memory was built between 1989 and 1991 on the piece of land of previous Saint Hripsime Armenian Apostolic Church and Armenian prelacy school. Thus Der Zor "By his Death he Conquered Death".
Nowadays, around 20 Armenian families live in Der Zor, The Armenian visitor Priests take care of the faithful people's spiritual needs by rotation . Whereas Armenian language and religious Education teaching courses has been dedicated for the students by the National Armenian prelacy.
Margade is located in the north-east of the Syrian desert,90 km far from Der Zor.
Huge piles of ashes and collective Tombs appeared by accident at the end of 1992 during the realization of a governmental constructional plan. This event has urged the national Armenian Prelacy Diocese of Aleppo to eternize the Tomb less April Martyrs Memory by building a chapel monument in 1995. The chapel has christened and called by Saint Haroutioun.
Rakka is a city, while Tel Abiad and Ayn Arab are the surrounding regions.
There was a small colony before 1915 in Rakka which consists of a few families, the people increase the days of the Armenian Genocide .They have gathered round Saint Asdvadzadzin Armenian Apostolic church and Noubarian Armenian prelacy School which have founded in 1924.They are estimated about 250 Armenian Families.
Tel Abiad's Armenian colony is around 40 families they have been gathered around Saint Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Church and Khorenian Armenian Prelacy School(It has founded between 1930 and 1932). There is acting the Holy Cross Sunday School (which has established in 1978).
Yakoubiye is situated in the North west of Syria, Roug Valley area, near to Shoughur Village.
According to historical date, Armenians have immigrated to Syria in collective masses in the
8-th Century and have settled in the North-Western Mountainous areas. Whereas Yakoubiye and the surrounding villages Ghnemiye, Ghneye, Aramo and Kesab have been inhabited by Armenians from the 8-th to the 12-th Centuries.
Latakia as laodicea is a city, while kesab , Ghnemiye and Aramo are the surrounding regions.
The oldest historical information about existence of the Armenians on the Syrian Coast is related to the ruling period of Dikran the Great (83 B.C.) when the Armenian Emperor of Emperor's after liberating the Mediterranean City has transformed it to a main port. After the spread of Christianity, Latakia has been an important place for the Armenian pilgrims who used to go to Jerusalem for Pilgrimage. According to historical data, the Armenians in Latakia has been increased in the 8-th Century and even have their own Bishop in the 10-th Century. There were Armenian Emigration Towards Antioch (Antakya) and coastal areas in the 11-th Century cause of Seljuk-Turkish invasions. There has been a prosperous colony in the days of Crusaders in the 12-th Century in Latakia , and the bishop of this City has been participated in Roumcle assembly. Long before then, the colony has darkened but in the 18-th Century it has been reactivated.Saint Asdvadzadzin Armenian Apostolic church – The Hokedoun community (Hamalir) has founded in 1755, which is believed to be a spiritual house in the colony.
Nowadays, the Armenians living in Latakia have been gathered round Saint Asdvadzadzin Armenian Apostolic Church and Nahadagadz (Martyrs) Armenian Prelacy School which has founded in 1922. They are estimated about 3500 people, in other words 500 families.
Kesab is located in the South-Western skirt of Jebel Akraa (bald mountain) or Gasios towards South East of a mountainside.
According to a tradition , the inhabitants of Nerky Kuegh have established kesab. The settlement of the first Armenian families in Kesab due to oral and written data is in the 16-th century, whereas the Armenian Colony has been formed in the beginning of the 19-th century.
Kesab has mentioned to be spiritual, educational , economical and administrative place for dozens of Armenian villages.
At the present time, the best Country houses in Syria can be found in Kesab. Three Armenian Communities enjoy solidarity by both spiritual and educational establishments. The Armenian Apostolic Community has been Gathered round Saint Asdvadzadzin Armenian Apostolic church as well as Ousoumnasirats Armenian prelacy United School, which has founded in 1939.
The modern touristy Community's formal opening Ceremony took place on 1-th July in 2001, in kesab , at the hands of Archbishop Souren Kataroyan. The Armenian inhabitant famous villages of Kesab's regions are : Karadouran , Bashord, Sev Aghpiour (black fountain), Nerky kuegh or "Esgueren" , Chinarjk, Chakaljk, keorKuena , Ekuezoluk, Duezaghaj, upper Baghjaghaz and down Baghjaghaz.
Karadouran is situated in the west of Kesab, It goes down to the Seashore from Gala (castle) heights of Karadash valley mouth, the entire Inhabitants are Armenians. Nowadays , the Armenians are estimated almost 450 people.
Ghnemiye is a beautiful mountainous sightseeing village which is located between Aleppo and Latakia, The Armenians have settled in Ghnemiye especially in the 12-th Century and hereafter. In the past the all inhabitants were Armenians.
The Armenians are gathered round Saint Kevork Armenian Apostolic Ancient Church. they usually speak Arabic and now they are estimated about 60 families.
Aramo is situated on Dereus Mountain in the East of Latakia. It has been Armenian inhabitant area since the 12-th Century and distinguished by its Churches and Sanctuary places.
The Armenians have been gathered round Saint Stepanos (Stephan) Armenian Apostolic Ancient Church. There are also carved in rock churches like Saint Asdvadzadzin and Saint Kevork Armenian Apostolic churches .Nowadays , there is a small Armenian colony in Aramo the people usually speak Arabic.